Disaster-Smart, its employees, and associates have been honored with many community and national awards or recognition. We encourage industry and community leadership in our employees and associates.
2013 Grimes Receives International Hurricane Protection Association (IHPA) “Certificate of Appreciation for Service as Vice President”
2012 Grimes Linked In Profile Makes “TOP 10% MOST VIEWED PROFILE” Out of 200 Million Members
2015 FORTIFIED Spotlight Award– For completing 179 FORTIFIED Evaluations with Designations and contributing to overall FORTIFIED Program success in Alabama, Mississippi, NW Florida and South Carolina.
Darius H Grimes- President
- 2012 DISASTER SMART WINS THE “ANGIE’S LIST SUPER SERVICE AWARD”
- 2008 FLASH- 10 Year Legacy of Service Award for 10 years of Continuous Volunteerism and Dedication to the Disaster Safety Movement
- 2007 Pensacola CSI Presidents Award– In Recognition of your Dedication and Unselfishness While Holding the Office of PRESIDENT July 2006 thru June 2007.
- 2007 CSI Institute Presidents Gavel Award– In Recognition of your personal selfless contribution to the Institute and the Chapter while serving as President of the Pensacola Chapter.
- 2006 Pensacola CSI Certificate of Merit and Appreciation– For your devoted and selfless personal contribution to the Pensacola Chapter while serving as President Elect July 2005 to June 2006.
- 2003 FLASH Certificate of Recognition– for your service as Mitigation Resource Committee Chair.
- 2003 Pensacola CSI Certificate of Merit and Appreciation– For your devoted and selfless personal contribution to the Pensacola Chapter while serving as Certification Chairman July 2002 to June 2003.
- 2001 FLASH Blueprint for Safety Award– For extraordinary service to the Blueprint for Safety Advisory Committee and the creation and implementation of the Blueprint for Safety Contractor Education and Consumer Awareness Program.
- 2000 FLASH Certificate of Distinction– For Dedication to the Florida Home Safety Movement.
- 1998 Project Impact– For Dedication and selfless contributions to the Business Partnership Committee while serving as Co-Chair. Donated and Installed Large Missile Impact Glass Windows in the Pensacola Bay Area Chamber Commerce on Garden St. Donated and installed Large Missile Impact Resistant Hurricane Panels on the Pensacola Beach Visitors Center.